This material is copyrighted. Except for your own private use, you may not copy or reproduce it in any way without express permission from Northwest Resource Associates.
Take a Written Course
ACRF regularly posts new featured courses of our written self-studies. To complete these courses, click on the course below to open, read through the material and complete the questionnaire at the end of the course.
Available Self-Study Courses:
- Religious and Spiritual Issues in Foster Care (2.0 Hours)
- FASD: Tips for Parents and Caregivers (2.0 Hours)
- Education and Youth in Foster Care (3.0 Hours)
- Animal Cruelty (3.0 Hours)
- Kinship Care (2.0 Hours)
- Handling Stress and Anger in Foster Care (4 Hours)
Understanding the Regulations Series:
What Alaskan Foster Parents Need to Know: (worth 1.0 hour each)
- Positive Parenting and Managing Behaviors
- Development of the Young Child in the Foster Home
- Child Health and Medications
- Nutrition and Eating in the Foster Home
- Safety in the Foster Home
- Foster Parent Training
- Foster Homes with Specializations and Foster Group Homes
- Fire Safety, First Aid and Emergency Preparedness in the Foster Home
Adoption and Guardianship Preparation Training for Alaska's Resource Families
This course is worth a total of 6.0 hours. To earn credit, print out the questionnaires at the end of each unit to submit them by fax or mail or scan to ACRF.
Adoption and Guardianship Preparation Training for Alaska’s Resource Families